Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne 1.24b List of Aspects to Master

It's been a while. Typhoon Ketsana really effed up my ISP, dampening my desire to post the past few days. During this time I immersed myself once again in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne 1.24b. Six years has passed since its release and I still have yet to master the game.

A friend of mine once said "Why play Warcraft? You can just play DotA. Why the need for buildings when you can just whale on each other a hundred ways until next Friday?" I feel sad that a lot of people feel this way. The Frozen Throne is one of the deepest games out there. You can't feel it if your opponent is one of those non-pro players (not that I am one) who mistakenly think that it still is the age of "let's-see-who-amasses-the-largest-army-first-while-we-all-turtle-in-our-bases."

Warcraft 3 is a flurry of bloodshed and an elegant theater of death all at the same time. The measured but rapid harassment strikes of pro players is beautiful to behold and one can't help but feel inspired to learn the ways of the gosus.


I've posted a lot of questions in the WcReplays forums and a lot of those people there are helpful. I've managed to pick up a trick or two and applied them in a LAN game with one of my friends.

Also, a list of what I feel to be the areas in which I lack after the jump (this list will be updated as I continue playing).

  1. Spam clicking - They say it improves your micro. I'm a bit skeptical about this but hey, if a whole mob of ladder players say so, it must be true.
  2. Refocusing - oftentimes I focus-fire with my ranged units and the opponent dances it away, I don't shift targets, resulting in my formation breaking and the opponent's heavier melee troops collapsing into my ranged lines. Add the fact that the ranged units will chase their target around, wasting precious seconds not doing damage to the enemy ranks.
  3. Forgetting to upgrade weapons and armor - must group the Hunter's Hall (I'm an NE player) with the barracks (Ancients of War); doing so might fix this --- the presence of the HH icon everytime I call up the 'rax will be sure to remind me of uprgrading my army's doodads or claws, or the leaves that cover their.... nvm.
  4. Forgetting to buy items for my heroes - what's an NE hero without Boots of Speed? A staff of TP is also vital. Circlet is "situational" according to some WcReplays posters.
  5. Not abusing Staff of Preservation - self-explanatory.
  6. Switching teleportation items between heroes - "Help meee! I'm daieyiiing!" shouted the Panda. "Use your staff!" the DH shouted. "Oh sh-- it's with me." "I should have never joined you! I should have stayed with my bamboos! PETA will have your head for this! I ---*" Sploorch.


>>>Download Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne Patch 1.24b from HERE

>>>See more Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne resources (where to place NGL One professional map files to view Warcraft III: Frozen Throne replays, micromanagement resources, gameplay videos, links to important strategy articles, etc) HERE. (Scroll down to see more.))


0 comments: