Sunday, May 18, 2008

F.E.A.R. Sequel - Project Origin


Lock and load. The gray-green walls are back again.


I surfed Gamespot last night and came across an entry entitled "Project Origin." Ringing a million bells in me, I clicked the link and a torrent of Monolith-made memories --- bullet-time, blood spatters, the voice of a madman, and the specter of a little girl --- all came back to me.

"Project Origin" is an aspect in the F.E.A.R. universe, a horror-action first-person shooter PC game developed by Monolith. I can't remember what it was since I only played the first level using a friend's PC some years back. In its entirety, I have not been able to play it since I couldn't find any shop selling the game. (P|r@ate it? No dice. Go ahead and commit sacrilege --- me? I'd rather wait. This game is too good.) "Project Origin" is a very fitting title for one that that does not bear the "F.E.A.R." label.

F.E.A.R. won Gamespot's Best Artificial Intelligence Award in the year 2005.


"Goose bumps on my goose bumps!" And --- HAHA! --- it "won't recognize 'Extraction Point" and "Perseus Mandate"! No need to buy sequels that are in essence nonexistent in the game's universe!

0 comments: